Skip to Content
NY Strip with Mushroom & Onion Butter
- 2 x NY Strip Steaks
- 1 tbsp sea salt
1 medium white onion, sliced
- 10 baby portabella mushrooms, chopped
- ½ tbsp steak seasoning
- 3 tbsp garlic & herb butter
- Season the steaks on both sides with sea salt.
- Place the sliced onion & chopped mushrooms in a bowl and season with steak seasoning.
- Preheat the Schwank Grill to 1500 degrees.
- Place the onions and mushrooms into the drip pan and add the compound butter.
- Place the steaks on the tray and lift the tray up to a Level 5 or 6 (steaks should be about 1” from the infrared burner).
- Sear the steaks for 1-½ to 2 minutes per side, then remove from the tray and drop them into the compound butter to finish.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes, then slice and enjoy alongside the onions, mushrooms, and mashed potatoes.